Leadership Careers: Skills for Advancement
With the online master’s in leadership program from Lindenwood, you’ll learn to lead diverse organizations through necessary changes. With guidance from leadership experts, you’ll explore leadership theories, strategies, and organizational change as you develop the skills to succeed as a leader in private sector businesses, public sector agencies, military, and non-profit organizations.
- Director, Vice President, and CEO compensation varies greatly
- Thousands of new leadership careers created every year
According to research by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is currently a growing need for professional leaders. The field is expanding by 7% per year, and more than 13,000 new leadership careers will be created for human resources and training and development managers alone by 2029.
Human Resources Manager
Human resources managers oversee the professional department that maintains staffing inquiries of a business and ensures all employees have the supplies they need to perform their jobs, along with the benefits they need to lead satisfying lives. Their responsibilities include conducting formal communication between employees and company management and hosting employee training programs.
Training and Development Manager
Training and development managers work to enhance the skills and knowledge of a company’s employees. Their responsibilities include selecting training programs, planning training courses, and ensuring all staff members gain the proper education required to grow professionally with the company.
Career and salary information from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional leadership careers for graduates of this degree:
- Postsecondary education administrator
- Administrative services manager
- Management analyst
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Skills for Diverse Leadership Careers
When you complete the master’s in leadership online program, you will be able to:
- Understand and use various organizational interventions to implement inclusive and lasting changes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the function and context of a leadership role and how to improve leadership effectiveness.
- Use best practices for managing a business or organization.
- Select appropriate and beneficial training programs for staff members of a corporation or educational institution.
- Practice effective leadership techniques when implementing plans for organizational change.
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.