A Broad-Based Curriculum in IT Fundamentals
Prepare for a career in IT with this accelerated program as you create your own specialization in areas like application development or networking.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Become an IT Professional
Lindenwood University’s online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program explores a wide range of fundamental concepts and techniques to help you excel in the field. Our program helps you develop skills in accessing, building, and manipulating computer data.
Our online IT degree program allows you to customize your curriculum by choosing an area of emphasis and elective courses. Choose from courses in cybersecurity, cloud computing, virtualization, network administration, programming, network operating systems, digital forensics, web design, database analysis, and project management.
In addition, our online information technology degree program’s accelerated curriculum helps you earn your bachelor’s degree in less time, so that you can enter the workforce sooner.
Transfer Your Credits
We don’t want the college credits you have already earned to go to waste. At Lindenwood Online, we offer a generous credit transfer policy for our undergraduate programs. You can even complete your degree in as few as 30 credit hours taken within the Lindenwood University system.
In addition, we have partnerships with area community colleges, which allow credits to be counted toward your general education requirements.Transfer Your Credits
A Curriculum Designed to Help You Succeed
Our 120-credit-hour online IT degree program gives you a strong foundation in information technology skills and tools. The program allows you to tailor your degree to meet your professional goals.
There are 24 credit hours of core requirements and an additional 33–36 credit hours in your area of emphasis.
In addition, this program includes 54–60 credit hours of general education requirements.Explore Curriculum
To apply to our online information technology degree program, you must submit the following:
- Online application
- All official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. If you have fewer than 24 college credits, you will need to submit your official high school transcript.
If cumulative college GPA is below a 2.0, the following will also be required:
- Letter of intent/personal statement (1–2 page document indicating your interest in the program and Lindenwood)
What It’s Like to Study Online
Being an online student doesn’t mean that you will sacrifice access to the tools, resources, support, and community that you would have through a traditional on-campus program. In fact, you will still get the college experience — just at an affordable price from the comfort of your home.
Find out more about what it’s like to study online at Lindenwood.Online Student Life
Cost to Attend
We strive to provide a high-quality online education at an affordable price. Our online degree in information technology program is offered at just $450 per credit hour.
In addition, we offer the opportunity to transfer previously earned college credits, financial assistance, and U.S. military benefits.Full Tuition Details
- Analyze the information systems needs of an organization with respect to its business and operational objectives
- Assess the organizational structure of an organization to determine the most effective manner to deploy technology to the organization
- Demonstrate the technical skills necessary to design, implement, support, and maintain information systems and/or its subcomponents
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of a network administrator
Some of the potential career paths you may pursue after earning your information technology degree online include:
- Network administrator: $82,050
- Database administrator: $90,070
- Computer network architect: $109,020
Median annual salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Explore Careers
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the questions we are commonly asked.
You can complete the online BS in Information Technology in as few as 24 months.
Rather than helping you become licensed, the online BS in Information Technology provides you with the academic background you need to succeed in diverse positions in IT. Learn more about the professional outcomes of this program here.