Master’s in Health Science, MS
Advance Health and Well-Being
With research showing how proper nutrition and exercise can improve one’s health, the need for skilled professionals who have extensive knowledge in these areas is growing. With Lindenwood University’s online Master of Science in Health Sciences program, you can boost your career in the wellness and fitness industry and meet this demand for the dynamic field.
This online master’s degree in health science program’s fitness and wellness track provides a strong scientific basis for advanced areas of the field. Prepare for a role as a wellness director or health educator, or build the knowledge needed for an advanced degree. As you earn your master’s in health science online, you will examine key areas such as public health, fitness, exercise physiology, and nutrition.
Ranked #8 Most Affordable Online Master’s Degree in Exercise Science
Program at a Glance
Cost per Credit
The Fitness and Wellness specialization provides you with a strong scientific basis for seeking advanced degrees in wellness, therapeutic recreation and various allied health professions as well as those seeking practical skills for employment in the health and fitness industry.
Your online master’s in health science online degree coursework can help you further develop your approach to supporting health, fitness and wellness. Explore advanced concepts within nutrition, exercise physiology, public health, and more. Enhance core studies through topical focuses in the following:
- Fitness and Wellness Specialization
- Program Planning and Leadership
- Recreation Organization and Administration
- Foundations of Therapeutic Recreation
Graduates can pursue rewarding careers serving health and wellness in fields such as health education and community health. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), health education specialists and community health workers can earn a median annual salary of $48,860, and take advantage of a much faster than average job growth rate of 12 percent through 2031.
For admission to your program, you will need to complete your online application and submit the following documents:
- The Master of Science in Health Sciences currently has no application deadline and applicants are accepted on a rolling basis after their application file is complete.
- No GRE score is required.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Previous four-year degree, preferably in area related to exercise science, kinesiology, athletic training, health promotion, etc.
- Absolute prerequisites: Basic statistics, anatomy & physiology I and II (both with labs), exercise physiology (with lab) and exercise testing. All courses must be completed with a “C” or better prior to full admission into the program. You can be accepted on a conditional acceptance basis with approval from the graduate program director.
- Additional preferred coursework: Past student performance has indicated that students with introductory coursework in nutrition, exercise prescription, kinesiology and foundational science courses in areas related to biology, chemistry and physics are better suited to handle the rigors of the program.
The cost per credit hour for this program is $551. Besides affordable tuition, we offer a generous transfer policy of up to nine credits toward your degree completion to further offset tuition costs—to save you time and money on your education!
Frequently Asked Questions
A master’s in health science can prepare you for rewarding roles in fields that impact health and wellness, including community health and health education. These job fields, which include career paths such as health education specialist and community health worker, are growing at a much faster than average job growth rate of 12 percent through 2031
An MHS degree leans more academic, emphasizing research, whereas an MSHS degree is more practical, preparing healthcare professionals for leadership roles in this field.
An MPH degrees centers specifically in public health leadership, while an MSHS degree can equip students to pursue healthcare leadership more broadly, across many sectors of this field.
Why Choose Lindenwood University Online?
Since 1832, Lindenwood University has served students worldwide with affordable, high-quality academic programs providing real experience and real success. After nearly 200 years of academic excellence, Lindenwood is committed to a set of core values, including integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity, and community.
We evolve our online degree programs to reflect the latest in academic research and innovation and to meet the top standards of higher education.
We are committed to offering our students studying online low tuition rates on top of multiple ways to save on your education.
Our programs align curriculum to industry realities from experienced instructors who share real-world insights.
We employ experts who are dedicated to helping our students with financial aid planning, enrollment counseling, tutoring services, and more.
We are committed to helping you succeed.
Throughout each step of your online degree program, you will receive support. From enrollment and tuition planning to staying on the right track, your support team is there to ensure your success.