Bachelor’s in Nursing (RN to BSN)
With an ongoing need for capable nursing professionals within healthcare, an RN to BSN degree can equip you to continue filling this need while you continue to enhance your nursing expertise and follow your career aspirations forward. The RN to BSN program at Lindenwood University offers the opportunity to complete your RN to BSN online to give you the flexibility you need to balance your commitment to professional nursing and your nursing education goals.
Designed for RNs advancing their approach to the nursing profession, this accelerated BSN program lets you earn your diploma even faster while you continue to build out key skill and knowledge areas in your nursing courses. From evidence-based practice and ethical nursing practice to nursing leadership and collaborative, interprofessional communications formation to compassionate, patient-centered care and effective nursing care across diverse healthcare populations and settings—the RN to BSN program offers a complete exploration of key nursing professional competencies.
Nursing professionals can pursue advanced specialization or take on nursing leadership roles upon graduation from the RN to BSN program. With a growing elderly population the need for nursing professionals across all segments of this field continues to expand, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which means a promising career outlook for BSN degree graduates.
Program at a Glance
Cost per Credit
* Students must have completed all required General Education and prerequisite courses to complete the program in 12 months.
Your RN to BSN online program allows you to make the most of your practical nursing experience through advancement of key skills and knowledge within professional nursing, including coursework in:
- Patient Safety and Quality
- Healthcare Policy and Finance
- Community Health and Health Promotion
- Nursing in Emergent Situations
- And more
RN to BSN program graduates have an opportunity to make an impact on health and well-being in their nursing practice. Nursing professionals can serve in general nursing care in a number of settings, including doctor’s offices, outpatient clinics, hospitals and more. Specialty nursing career paths include clinical nurse specialists, rehabilitation nurses, cardiovascular nurses, public health nurse and addiction nurses, among others. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), registered nurses with a BSN degree can earn a median annual salary of $81,220.
For admission to your program, you will need to complete your online application and submit the following documents:
- Online Application
- Official transcripts
- All colleges and universities previously attended. If you have fewer than 24 college credits, you will need to submit your official high school transcript.
- An associate degree program, a hospital diploma program at a regionally accredited institution, or a state board of nursing-approved program.
- The National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN), the nationwide examination for licensing nurses in the United States, and retain an active, unencumbered registered nurse license before the start of the first nursing course (NURS 301000 – Professional Identity and Practice: Transitioning to Nursing Leadership) and before awarding experiential credits.
- Applicants without a current registered nurse license may enroll in Lindenwood University to complete the required general education and elective courses.
- However, applicants must have completed the NCLEX-RN and retain an active, unencumbered registered nurse license before beginning nursing courses.
- A criminal background check before beginning clinical nursing courses.
If cumulative college GPA is below a 2.0, the following will also be required:
- Letter of intent/personal statement
- 1–2 page document indicating your interest in the program and Lindenwood
The cost per credit hour for this program is $495. Besides affordable tuition, we offer a generous transfer policy of up to 90 credits toward your degree completion to further offset tuition costs—to save you time and money on your education!
Nursing (RN-BSN Track): Thirty-two (32) credits will be granted to students entering the RN-BSN nursing degree track based on the candidate’s professional experience as a licensed registered nurse. Proof of current and unencumbered registered nurse licensure in the state of declared primary residency is required for admission to this track and before awarding credits.
A $250 administrative fee is charged instead of a per-credit cost for experiential credit. All students in this track will be charged the fee regardless of how previous nursing education credit was obtained.
Frequently Asked Questions
An RN license credential is required for admission to the RN to BSN program at Lindenwood University. However, RN licensure is not generally required for admission to a BSN degree program.
At Lindenwood University you can complete your RN to BSN degree in 12-24 months.*
The following general education and cognate courses are required for entry to the RN to BSN degree program at Lindenwood University: • ENGL 15000 – Composition I • ENGL 17000 – Composition II • US Government / History • Human Culture Elective I • Human Culture Elective II • MTH 14100 – Basic Statistics • MTH 15100 – College Algebra • NURS 32000 – Human Pathophysiology • NURS 33000 – Pharmacology * Students must have completed all required General Education and prerequisite courses to complete the program in 12 months
Why Choose Lindenwood University Online?
Since 1832, Lindenwood University has served students worldwide with affordable, high-quality academic programs providing real experience and real success. After nearly 200 years of academic excellence, Lindenwood is committed to a set of core values, including integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity, and community.
We evolve our online degree programs to reflect the latest in academic research and innovation and to meet the top standards of higher education.
We are committed to offering our students studying online low tuition rates on top of multiple ways to save on your education.
We are committed to creating a connected, diverse community, sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals, and supporting personal and professional growth.
We employ experts who are dedicated to helping our students with financial aid planning, enrollment counseling, tutoring services, and more.
We are committed to helping you succeed.
Throughout each step of your online degree program, you will receive support. From enrollment and tuition planning to staying on the right track, your support team is there to ensure your success..