We Welcome Active Military and Veterans
In honor of your service and sacrifice, Lindenwood is dedicated to your success. We’re committed to serving our military-affiliated students as they advance their education. As a student, you’ll gain real-world skills in career-ready degree programs that offer challenging curriculums and academic support. Expert faculty members share a genuine passion for your success, both in and out of the classroom.
Lindenwood University is proud to offer military education benefits, including special tuition rates for military students. These include an active-duty military personnel rate of $250 per credit which will be accomplished through a scholarship or grant. We take our education benefits for military students further with a 20% non-stackable military dependent’s discount rate for traditional undergraduate students and a 20% discount per credit hour for non-traditional undergraduate and graduate students who are non-active military, veterans, and retired military members.
Explore your military college benefits at Lindenwood—discover how far you can go in your future!
We’re committed to helping you acquire the education you’ve earned. We can help you determine eligibility and use the variety of programs available to make your out-of-pocket costs as low as possible.
Our Veterans Affairs Center is dedicated to your success as you transition to academia. You’ll get one-to-one support to navigate your military education benefits, so you pay the least for out-of-pocket expenses.
You can save time and money earning your degree by transferring credits and applying for scholarships. Eligibility requirements and award amounts vary, so be sure to read the full details if you think you qualify for a program.
Tuition Assistance Options
For more information regarding the GI Bill® or Tuition Assistance benefits, contact our School Certifying Official, Nia Spencer, at [email protected] or 636.627.2922.
Government-Based Education Assistance Veterans and active-duty, guard, and reserve service members, as well as their spouses and dependents, can use a variety of GI Bills® to help fund their education.
Designed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, this program aims for the VA and degree-granting institutions to pay the difference between what is covered by GI Bill® benefits and the total cost of the program.
Military Tuition Assistance
Active military students may be eligible to use the Department of Defense Tuition Rate to cover tuition expenses up to $250 per credit hour if they’re eligible. Visit your service branch for more information.
Spousal & Family Benefits
If you’re a qualified service member, you can transfer all 36 months or a portion of your Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to a spouse or child. The DoD approves a transfer of benefits.
Military Admissions Requirements
We have designed your military admissions experience to be simple and straightforward. We’ll be here to answer any questions you have or help out if you need assistance as you complete the following steps.
STEP 1: Military benefit eligibility review
- Still serving in the U.S. Armed Forces?
- Contact your military branch’s education office to find out what benefits are available to you.
- Work with your education officer to set up your paperwork in preparation for Tuition Assistance authorization and any other potential benefits, like the GI Bill®.
- If you are eligible for VA education benefits and have not yet applied, you will need to complete an application for benefits through Vets.gov. Please retain a screenshot of the confirmation page once your application is complete.
- If you have been approved for VA benefits, please request and provide a copy of your (COE) Certificate of Eligibility. Request copy of COE.
- If you have previously used your VA education benefits at another institution, you will need to complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training in order to update your current education benefits. Please retain a screenshot of the confirmation page once complete.
STEP 2: Review costs and apply
- Knowing the cost of tuition, fees, and books for attending Lindenwood is very important.
- Tuition cost per credit and fees for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Apply to one of our degree programs. (If you plan to attend online, visit our Online Admissions page).
- A Lindenwood University admission counselor will contact you, usually by phone, to confirm your application.
- Inform your counselor you’re currently serving, a veteran, or dependent and that you’ll be using your military benefits.
STEP 3: Submit paperwork documenting your prior education
- If you have less than 24 college credits, you must submit your high school diploma or GED.
- If you are transferring credits from a post-secondary military or civilian institution, your counselor will also need your transcripts.
- For any credits earned through military training or institutions while serving in the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy, you can request a copy from Joint Services Transcripts.
- If you intend to transfer credits earned through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), you can request them from The Community College of the Air Force.
STEP 4: Apply for FAFSA
- Prospective students are highly encouraged to complete the FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid and use Lindenwood’s school code is: 002480. This will better assist you in determining the funding picture to make degree completion a reality.
STEP 5: Questions
- Once you’re admitted to LU, you’ll be assigned a dedicated military counselor and academic advisor.
- Once you are enrolled, our Veterans Affairs staff will assist you with certifying your VA benefits.
Please note that if you are using military benefits, it could affect the amount of institutional aid you receive.
Why Choose Lindenwood University Online?
Since 1832, Lindenwood University has served students worldwide with affordable, high-quality academic programs providing real experience and real success. After nearly 200 years of academic excellence, Lindenwood is committed to a set of core values, including integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity, and community.
We evolve our online degree programs to reflect the latest in academic research and innovation and to meet the top standards of higher education.
We are committed to offering our students studying online low tuition rates on top of multiple ways to save on your education.
Our programs align curriculum to industry realities from experienced instructors who share real-world insights.
We employ experts who are dedicated to helping our students with financial aid planning, enrollment counseling, tutoring services, and more.