Education Careers: Professional Diversity in Education
Lindenwood’s online master’s in education offers standout skills for diverse areas of education through three graduate certificate options. Choose from certificates in leadership, designing curriculum for students with dyslexia, and K–12 eLearning. A non-certificate concentration in curriculum and instruction is also available.
- $61,660 median salary for high school teachers
- Thousands of new education careers each year
- Industry growth rate of 4–6%
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the field is constantly expanding at an industry growth rate of 4-6%, creating plentiful opportunities for careers in education.
High School Teacher
High school teachers typically educate students in ninth through twelfth grade and ensure they gain the skills and knowledge that qualify them for a high school diploma. These educators teach one area of study, such as mathematics, history, or art, and help students prepare for success in adulthood.
Career and Technical Education Teachers
Career and technical education teachers prepare individuals to begin careers in specific professions with or without a college degree. These professionals share their insight into specific industries and help the next generation begin their careers successfully and confidently.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional opportunities for education careers:
- Training and development specialist
- Instructional coordinator
- Special education teacher
- School principal
- Teacher assistant
- High school equivalency diploma teacher
- Daycare leader
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Innovative Teaching Tools for Diverse Education Careers
When you complete the master’s in education online program, you will be able to:
- Utilize best practices and theories regarding innovation to create a conducive learning environment in school and business settings
- Understand the historical, sociological, and philosophical viewpoints of education, as well as the evolving role of educators in other fields
- Demonstrate knowledge of student development, learning, individual differences, assessment, and motivation
- Develop curriculum and instructional plans for diverse learners
- Apply innovative teaching methods in diverse professional settings, including corporate training centers
Specialty Skills for Your Chosen Field
The master’s in education online program offers three graduate certificate options and one non-certificate concentration.
Curriculum and Instruction
Lindenwood University’s online Curriculum and Instruction Master’s in Education concentration allows you to customize your degree to gain the skills needed for the education career you want.
K-12 e-Learning Certificate
Gain the skills to deliver outstanding educational experiences in diverse digital learning environments with the online Master of Arts in Education and the K-12 e-Learning Certificate program from Lindenwood University.
Dyslexia Graduate Certificate
Improve the lives and learning outcomes of students with dyslexia with the online Master of Arts in Education and graduate certificate in dyslexia curriculum program from Lindenwood University.
Teacher Leadership Certificate
Transform your education career and help improve your institution as a leader with the Master of Arts in Education and Teacher Leadership Certificate online program from Lindenwood University.
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.