Accounting Careers: Expertise for the CPA Exam
Lindenwood’s online MAcc degree delivers the expertise you need to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam. Designed with your future in mind, the program helps you prepare for various accounting careers by building professional skills in accounting ethics, professional research, fraud examination, and international accounting.
- $71,550 median annual salary for accountants in 2019
- 4% industry growth rate
- More than 61,000 new accounting careers by 2029
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the field of accounting is expanding at a steady pace of 4%. At this rate, more than 61,000 new accounting careers will be available by 2029.
Accountants are responsible for keeping track of the financial records of an individual or company. Their records must confirm that taxes are being paid on time and that the represented individual or company is abiding by the law.
Financial managers help companies grow financially. These professionals keep track of financial records, provide advice for investment opportunities, and create strategies that support their company’s financial stability and improvement.
Career and salary information from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional accounting careers for graduates of the online MAcc degree:
- Auditing clerk
- Chief financial officer
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Skills for Diverse Accounting Careers
When you complete the online MAcc degree program, you will be able to:
- Understand the professional responsibilities related to the ethical obligations of accountants and auditors.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the theory, processes, and methods of fraud examination and forensic accounting.
- Use effective research skills to resolve issues in accounting, as well as communicate those results.
- Confidently take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam.
- Determine beneficial investment opportunities for an individual or company based on their current financial records.
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.
We host four job fairs per year, both on campus and through our partnerships within the Gateway Career Association.
Office of Career Services
We can help you begin your job search, make professional connections, and prepare for the job you want.
When you graduate with a degree from Lindenwood, you’ll be a part of our extensive network of former students.
Find Your Strengths
Explore your talents with Gallup StrengthsQuest, an assessment tool that sets you up for career success.