Maximize Your Creative Potential for Fine Arts Careers
Lindenwood’s online BFA program explores four areas of art and design with emphases in digital art, photography, graphic design, and web and user experience. As a graduate of the online BFA program, you’ll have the expertise employers are looking for, plus the creative potential to succeed in diverse fine arts careers.
- $94,220 median salary for art directors
- 8% industry growth rate for web design
- Career opportunities in diverse fields
Regardless of the emphasis you choose, the online BFA will provide opportunities for fine arts careers in diverse industries. The field of web design is growing at a rate of 8% annually, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Art directors plan and create visuals for diverse media forms, including television and theater productions, printed publications, video games, and more. Their responsibilities may include overseeing costume and set design, as well as character feature development.
Graphic designers produce creative designs for businesses through digital and print mediums. Nearly 21% of graphic designers are self-employed and produce original artwork commissioned by individual consumers and businesses.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional fine arts careers for graduates of the online BFA degree:
- Marketing manager
- Multimedia artist and animator
- Fine artist
- Industrial designer
- Web developer
- Concept artist
- Film and video editor
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Maximum Creativity for Career Success
When you complete the online BFA, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of aesthetics, criticism, and expectations of a visual arts major
- Understand the elements and principles of color theory, design, perception, and problem solving for two- and three-dimensional surfaces
- Effectively apply visual storytelling techniques with a timeline-based application or temporal design
- Collaborate with professionals with diverse creative skills throughout a production process
- Utilize leadership strategies in a variety of workplace settings
Specialty Skills for Your Chosen Creative Field
The online BFA offers four optional emphases in digital art, photography, graphic design, and web and user experience.
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.