Skills for Diverse Cybersecurity Careers
The online cybersecurity degree from Lindenwood University is designed for the future of information technology and cyber protection. As a graduate of this program, you’ll have the expertise to defend businesses against cyber threats in a variety of cybersecurity careers.
- $99,730 median salary for information security analysts
- 31% industry growth rate
- More than 40,000 new positions by 2029
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a much faster than average industry growth rate for the field of cybersecurity. Expanding at a pace of 31%, the field will generate more than 40,000 new cybersecurity careers by 2029.
Information Security Analyst
Information security analysts defend businesses against cyber attacks. They are responsible for developing and maintaining plans of defense and action to ensure their company’s information is secure.
Computer and Information Systems Manager
Computer and information systems managers work to improve the technical functions of a business or institution. While supervising a team of information technology experts, these professionals identify their company’s technical needs and choose software and computer systems to ensure these needs are met and that all departments can function efficiently through technology.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Graduates of this degree may also qualify for the following cybersecurity jobs:
- Database administrator
- Computer network architect
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Skills for the Future of Cybersecurity
When you complete the online cybersecurity degree, you will be able to:
- Analyze the cybersecurity needs of an organization with respect to its business and operational objectives
- Demonstrate the technical knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of a cybersecurity analyst and administrator, network penetration tester, and forensics investigator
- Effectively use current cybersecurity tools, emergent cybersecurity theories, and practice to design, implement, administer, and secure information technology system and/or its subsystems
- Demonstrate excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Develop effective plans of action for defending businesses against cyber attacks
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.