Prepare for Diverse Health Science Careers
Lindenwood’s Master’s in Health Sciences online program equips you with the professional fitness expertise necessary for successful health science careers. With guidance from industry experts, you’ll explore the science of fitness and wellness, and gain advanced skills in community health.
- 15% industry growth for fitness trainers and instructors
- More than 57,000 new health science careers by 2029
- NSCA Recognized Graduate Program and is recognized for both its Applied and Research components to its curriculum
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a growing need for health educators and fitness trainers, with the field growing at a rate of 13–15%. This growth will lead to more than 57,000 new health science careers by 2029.
Health educators impact communities by providing health and wellness knowledge through community programs and schools. Their goal is to improve the overall health of community members.
Fitness Trainer and Instructor
Fitness trainers and instructors help others live healthy lives through exercises. Professionals in this position may design fitness plans for individuals or lead group fitness classes.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional health science careers for graduates of this program:
- Wellness director
- Fitness manager
- Community health worker
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Expertise for Health Science Careers
When you complete the Master’s in Health Sciences online degree, you will be able to:
- Understand the different aspects of health promotion, legislation, and healthcare
- Utilize best practice methods for designing and evaluating worksite wellness programming
- Demonstrate how to analyze statistical data and interpret research in the health sciences to guide evidence-based decision making
- Develop fitness plans to meet the specific health and wellness needs of individuals
- Successfully lead groups in fitness activity and wellness education programs
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.