Careers in Fashion: Business Inspired by Creativity
Lindenwood’s online Master’s in Fashion Business and Entrepreneurship program enhances your creative skills and delivers the advanced strategic expertise you need for diverse careers in fashion or to start your own business. Through courses guided by fashion industry experts, you’ll become proficient in marketing principles, business ethics, global fashion sustainability, and more.
- $73,790 median annual salary for fashion designers
- $61,150 median annual salary for public relations specialists
- A competitive business that requires business expertise and one-of-a-kind creativity
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for fashion designers in 2019 was $73,790, with top salaries for this position reaching $149,000.
Fashion designers develop new ideas and samples of clothing for retailers and are responsible for overseeing the production of their creations. Many professionals in this fashion career also present their designs in fashion shows.
Buyers in the fashion industry review, select, and purchase materials for companies to use for production, along with clothing for retailers to sell as their own. These professionals work directly with production companies to make selections and purchases.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional careers in fashion for graduates of this program:
- Business owner
- Top executive
- Art director
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Creative Tools for Careers in Fashion
When you complete the online Master’s in Fashion Business and Entrepreneurship program, you will be able to:
- Understand and analyze the fashion industry’s trends to develop a business plan
- Create an effective marketing strategy to promote a fashion business
- Demonstrate strong decision-making and problem-solving skills to develop solutions for the ethical issues related to operating a business
- Design a successful business plan and strategy for starting and operating your own business
- Properly develop and conduct marketing campaigns for diverse businesses
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.
We host four job fairs per year, both on campus and through our partnerships within the Gateway Career Association.
Office of Career Services
We can help you begin your job search, make professional connections, and prepare for the job you want.
When you graduate with a degree from Lindenwood, you’ll be a part of our extensive network of former students.
Find Your Strengths
Explore your talents with Gallup StrengthsQuest, an assessment tool that sets you up for career success.
We host two Advisory Council meetings per year, both on campus and virtually with industry experts locally, nationally and internationally.