Professional Expertise Necessary for Every Business
Human resources careers are offered in businesses everywhere, as the professionals in these roles perform the essential tasks of maintaining staff and enforcing comfortable and safe work environments. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the field of human resources is growing at a rapid annual rate of 6%, and more than 10,000 new HR manager jobs will be created by 2029.
- Rapid 6% industry growth rate
- $116,720 median salary for HR manager jobs
- Thousands of new HR careers each year
The human resource management online degree program from Lindenwood University provides the skills you need to succeed in advanced HR careers.
Human Resources Manager
Human resources managers oversee the professional department that maintains staffing inquiries of a business and ensures all employees have the supplies they need to perform their jobs, along with the benefits they need to lead satisfying lives. Their responsibilities also include conducting formal communication between employees and company management and hosting employee training programs.
Human Resources Specialist
Human resources specialists are responsible for choosing applicants and hiring new employees for a business. They are responsible for providing proper training programs to employees to ensure each member can perform their job efficiently.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional human resources careers for graduates of this degree:
- Compensation and benefits manager
- Labor relations specialist
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Professional Skills Demanded in Every Industry
When you complete the online human resources degree, you will be able to:
- Understand the different human resources functions related to an organization, such as job descriptions, recruiting, training, and compensation
- Demonstrate knowledge in the behavior of individuals, groups, teams, and organizations
- Exhibit strong decision-making skills and resolve issues within the workplace ethically
- Select qualified candidates for new positions within a business
- Apply effective management techniques as a leader in diverse business settings
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.
We host four job fairs per year, both on campus and through our partnerships within the Gateway Career Association.
Office of Career Services
We can help you begin your job search, make professional connections, and prepare for the job you want.
When you graduate with a degree from Lindenwood, you’ll be a part of our extensive network of former students.
Find Your Strengths
Explore your talents with Gallup StrengthsQuest, an assessment tool that sets you up for career success.