Build a Career that Thrives on Creativity
Lindenwood’s fashion business degree online program is designed to enhance your creative capabilities and provide the business expertise it takes to succeed in a variety of fashion careers. With support from experienced educators, you’ll learn how production management and the principles of finance apply to the fashion industry, and graduate prepared to compete for diverse careers in fashion.
- $73,790 median annual salary for fashion designers
- $69,600 median annual salary for buyers
- Competitive industry requiring expert skills that Lindenwood can provide
Fashion designers earned a median annual salary of $73,790 in 2019, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Fashion designers develop new ideas and samples of clothing for retailers and are responsible for overseeing the production of their creations. Many professionals in this fashion career also present their designs in fashion shows.
Buyers in the fashion industry review, select, and purchase materials for companies to use for production, along with clothing for retailers to sell as their own. These professionals work directly with production companies to make selections and purchases.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Graduates of this program may also qualify for the following fashion careers:
- Public relations specialist
- Marketing manager
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Creative Tools for the Fashion Business
When you complete the fashion business degree online program, you will be able to:
- Understand the history of the fashion industry and how it applies to fashion careers and businesses
- Effectively develop a business plan and marketing strategy for a fashion business using industry trends and research
- Demonstrate knowledge in the commercial and professional aspects of fashion, such as the analysis of merchandising and marketing
- Develop your own fashion designs and lead others through the production process
- Utilize business expertise and entrepreneurial knowledge to begin your own business in the industry of your choice
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.
We host four job fairs per year, both on campus and through our partnerships within the Gateway Career Association.
Office of Career Services
We can help you begin your job search, make professional connections, and prepare for the job you want.
When you graduate with a degree from Lindenwood, you’ll be a part of our extensive network of former students.
Find Your Strengths
Explore your talents with Gallup StrengthsQuest, an assessment tool that sets you up for career success.
We host two Advisory Council meetings per year, both on campus and virtually with industry experts locally, nationally and internationally.