In-Demand Graphic Design Careers
Graphic design jobs are essential to marketing and business growth. With the online art degree from Lindenwood University, you’ll sharpen your creative skills and explore innovative design concepts that are essential to a successful graphic design career.
- 8% industry growth rate for web design
- $94,220 median salary for art directors
- An essential aspect of the marketing field
As a graduate of the online art degree, you’ll qualify for diverse and in-demand graphic design careers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, web design is growing annually by 8%, and more than 14,000 new web developer positions will be created by 2029.
Web developers work with creative and marketing professionals to plan and produce digital designs and layouts for business websites. These developers must ensure their websites can function properly and perform regular updates to incorporate current marketing materials and new features.
Graphic designers produce creative designs for businesses through digital and print mediums. Nearly 21% of graphic designers are self-employed and create original artwork commissioned by individual consumers and businesses.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional graphic design career opportunities for graduates of this degree:
- Art director
- Fine artist
- Industrial designer
- Multimedia artist
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Creative Skills for Corporate Settings
When you complete the online graphic design degree, you will be able to:
- Be proficient in creative computer software to develop websites and graphic designs
- Understand the elements and principles of color theory, design, perception, and problem solving for two- and three-dimensional designs
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of Western art and architecture
- Utilize current digital tools to develop effective marketing materials for diverse industries
- Collaborate with other creative professionals to carry out a production process
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.