A Top-Ranked, Diverse Online MPA Program
Develop the interdisciplinary skills needed to pursue a career in government operations in 18 months. This program offers the ability to customize your curriculum with electives.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Lead the Public Sector
Gain the skills to succeed in a leadership role in the public sector with the online Master of Public Administration program from Lindenwood University. This flexible program prepares you for a career in government or at an international agency or organization.
When you earn your master’s in public administration online, you will explore the practical and conceptual tools needed to excel in the field. Our program combines business administration and human services to give you a strong foundation. Study vital subjects such as public finance, governmental budgeting and economic analysis.
In addition, the courses in our online MPA program are textbook-free or use non-traditional textbooks in order to provide timely and relevant material.
The lessons learned in my MPA program have allowed me to impact my community with sustainable and equitable results. Nothing has better prepared me to address policy change for my community than my MPA program.– Alex Reichart, County Engagement Specialist
A Curriculum Designed to Help You Succeed
While earning your MPA online, you will gain the right background for a leadership role in the public sector. This diverse program consists of 36 credit hours.
The program’s 21-credit-hour core curriculum focuses on the principles of effectively leading a public organization or agency and includes a capstone course. You will then be able to choose 15 credit hours of elective courses to tailor your degree to suit your interests and professional goals.Explore Curriculum
To apply to our online MPA program, you must submit the following:
- Online application
- Current résumé
- Letter of intent, including a personal statement regarding your interest in the program and career goals
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official undergraduate transcript(s), as well as official transcript(s) from any graduate school(s) attended with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- GMAT is not required. Applicants with a lower GPA, however, may submit official GMAT or GRE scores in lieu of the 3.0 GPA requirement. Admission based on GMAT or GRE scores is granted to students who have an official minimum GMAT score of 500 or combined GRE scores of 300. Scores should less than five years old at the time of application. Applicants who do not meet the GPA, GMAT, or GRE thresholds may be considered for further evaluation and an interview may be required. Please discuss options with your enrollment counselor.
What It’s Like to Study Online
Being an online student doesn’t mean that you will sacrifice access to the tools, resources, support, and community that you would have through a traditional on-campus program. In fact, you will still get the college experience — just at an affordable price from the comfort of your home.
Find out more about what it’s like to study online at Lindenwood.Online Student Life
Cost to Attend
We strive to provide a high-quality online education at an affordable price. Our online Master of Public Administration program is offered at just $555 per credit hour.
In addition, we offer the opportunity to transfer previously earned college credits, financial assistance, and U.S. military benefits.Full Tuition Details
- Effectively use fiscal management, ethics, policy analysis, and business relationship skills to lead a public agency or organization
- Understand the ethical issues and theories relevant to public administration
- Develop, implement, and evaluate effective programs for local, state or federal law
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the questions we are commonly asked.
You can complete the online Master of Public Administration in 18 months.
The online Master of Public Administration requires the completion of 7 core courses, plus elective courses in categories such as research design, budgeting and finance, and accountability in public administration. Learn more about the curriculum for this program here.
With an MPA, you can pursue careers in local, state, and federal governments. Some graduates enter roles as a legislative staffer. The degree can also be applied to jobs in urban planning or city administration.