Expertise for Advanced Information Technology Careers
Lindenwood’s online MS in IT Management program will elevate your technical skills and help you succeed in advanced information technology careers. Through courses guided by industry experts, you’ll build expert knowledge in big data analytics, network security, management concepts, and more.
- 10% industry growth
- More than 48,000 new information technology careers by 2029
- $146,360 median annual salary for computer and information systems managers
According to research by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the IT management field is growing at a rapid pace of 10%. With this growth rate, more than 48,000 new positions for computer and information systems managers will be available by 2029.
Computer and Information Systems Manager
Computer and information systems managers work to improve the technical functions of a business or institution. While supervising a team of information technology experts, these professionals identify their company’s technical needs and choose software and computer systems to ensure these needs are met and that all departments can function efficiently through technology.
Database administrators work to protect the private and financial information of a company and its customers. They must utilize appropriate software to keep information and data private and update computer systems and software as necessary.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional information technology careers for graduates of this program:
- Network and computer systems administrator
- Computer network architect
- Computer systems analyst
- Information security analyst
- IT project manager
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Success in Diverse Information Technology Careers
When you complete the online MS in IT Management degree, you will be able to:
- Analyze the interactions among the different entities within the enterprise, the impact of such interactions on operations of the enterprise, and the critical role of IT as the catalyst for such interactions
- Evaluate industry frameworks, standards, models, theories, and best practices for the development of appropriate policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines to govern information technology assets to ensure their optimal, ethical, and secure use
- Create a plan to securely implement enterprise resources including development or acquisition of software to ensure mitigation of enterprise risk, while ensuring scalability, effective utilization, and maximization of returns on investment
- Utilize effective management techniques when leading groups of diverse information technology professionals in diverse business settings
- Efficiently protect private information and data from unauthorized entities through relevant software
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.