An Accelerated Online Program to Meet IT and Business Needs
Advance your career in information technology and prepare for a mid-level management role through a 1 to 2 year industry-driven curriculum.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Be a Leader in the IT Field
Lindenwood University’s online Master of Science in Information Technology program teaches you how to meet the technological and business needs of an organization. This highly industry-driven program provides the knowledge needed to manage, evaluate, and structure IT processes. You will be prepared to work in a corporate, government, entrepreneurial, or non-profit setting.
Explore how to plan, coordinate, and direct computer needs within an organization. Our IT management degree program focuses on key topics that include management of IT professionals, IT governance, big data analytics, deploying business blockchain technology, new technology integration, enterprise resource planning, and more. In addition, you will learn from faculty who incorporate their real-world experience into the online classroom.
A Curriculum Designed to Help You Succeed
Our MS in IT Management online program helps you boost your credentials and career for an advanced role in the technology field. This program includes 36 credit hours.
Through various courses, you will explore key topics in business and information technology. This program also requires the completion of either a capstone course or an internship.Explore Curriculum
To apply to our online IT management degree program, you must submit the following:
- Online application
- Current résumé
- Letter of intent, including a personal statement regarding your interest in the program and career goals
- Official undergraduate transcript(s), as well as official transcript(s) from any graduate school(s) attended with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Undergraduate degree must be in a related field or a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience and industry certifications is required
- If GPA is lower, three letters of recommendation from professional or academic references may be submitted. An interview may also be required.
What It’s Like to Study Online
Being an online student doesn’t mean that you will sacrifice access to the tools, resources, support, and community that you would have through a traditional on-campus program. In fact, you will still get the college experience — just at an affordable price from the comfort of your home.
Find out more about what it’s like to study online at Lindenwood.Online Student Life
Cost to Attend
We strive to provide a high-quality online education at an affordable price. Our online MS in IT Management program is offered at just $495 per credit hour.
In addition, we offer the opportunity to transfer previously earned college credits, financial assistance, and U.S. military benefits.Full Tuition Details
- Analyze the interactions among the different entities within the enterprise, the impact of such interactions on operations of the enterprise, and the critical role of IT as the catalyst for such interactions
- Evaluate industry frameworks, standards, models, theories, and best practices for the development of appropriate policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines to govern information technology assets to ensure their optimal, ethical, and secure use
- Create a plan to securely implement enterprise resources including development or acquisition of software to ensure mitigation of enterprise risk, while ensuring scalability, effective utilization, and maximization of returns on investment
Some of the potential career paths you may pursue after earning your IT management degree include:
- Database administrator: $90,070
- Computer and information systems manager: $142,530
- Network and computer systems administrator: $82,050
Median annual salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Explore Careers
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the questions we are commonly asked.
You can complete the online MS in Information Technology Management in as few as 12 months.
The online MS in Information Technology Management requires the completion of 12 courses. Learn more about the curriculum for this program here.
Managing information technology can encompass many job titles and roles. This degree can help students who have experience or already have a position as an informational technology specialist, networking and database developer, software engineer, or computer systems analyst.