A Degree to Help You Succeed at a Postsecondary Institution
Explore the various skills needed to excel in an administrative or managerial career at a higher education institution through a sociocultural focus. Practicum and project components allow you to concentrate on an area of interest.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Become a Leader in Higher Education
Prepare for a variety of careers at a postsecondary learning institution with the online Master of Arts in Higher Education program at Lindenwood University. Through this program, you will gain the knowledge needed for teaching college-level courses or administrative and managerial careers.
Our master’s in higher education program helps you develop leadership, advocacy, interpersonal, and organizational skills. As you discover how to succeed at a two- or four-year school, you will explore how to incorporate instructional technologies and outstanding teaching strategies into the higher education setting.
Additionally, our online higher education degree program offers the ability to learn from interviews and videos featuring national experts in the field of higher education.
A Curriculum Designed to Help You Succeed
The 33-credit-hour master’s in higher education online program explores key topics that will help you become a leader in the field of higher education.
Nine credits explore educational research. An additional 24 credits teach you various subjects in higher education, including administration, student development, ethical decision-making, and social issues.Explore Curriculum
To apply to our online higher education master’s degree program, you must submit the following:
- Online application
- Current résumé
- Letter of intent, including a personal statement regarding your interest in the program and career goals
- Official undergraduate transcript(s), as well as official transcript(s) from any graduate school(s) attended with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- If GPA is lower, an appeal can be made to the Director of Graduate Studies for admission. Please contact your enrollment counselor to discuss further.
What It’s Like to Study Online
Being an online student doesn’t mean that you will sacrifice access to the tools, resources, support, and community that you would have through a traditional on-campus program. In fact, you will still get the college experience — just at an affordable price from the comfort of your home.
Find out more about what it’s like to study online at Lindenwood.Online Student Life
Cost to Attend
We strive to provide a high-quality online education at an affordable price. Our online higher education degree program is offered at just $520 per credit hour.
In addition, we offer the opportunity to transfer previously earned college credits, financial assistance, and U.S. military benefits.Full Tuition Details
- Effectively gather, assess, and interpret educational research for usage in the classroom and other practices
- Understand the issues, practices, and policies in higher education, including curriculum, accreditation, and institutional planning
- Exhibit ethical decision-making and leadership skills to improve higher education institutions
Some of the potential career paths you may pursue after earning your master’s in higher education online include:
- Postsecondary education administrator: $94,340
- Training and development manager: $111,340
Median annual salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Explore Careers
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the questions we are commonly asked.
You can complete the online MA in Higher Education in as few as 24 months.
The online MA in Higher Education requires 12 courses. Learn more about the curriculum for this program here.
The online MA in Higher Education provides the administrative skills and teaching expertise necessary to succeed as a postsecondary teacher, a postsecondary administrator, training and development manager, and more.