An Online Program to Help You Become a Certified Public Accountant
Examine the theories and practical skills of accounting as you prepare for the certified public accountant (CPA) exam.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Take the Next Step in Accounting
Prepare for the certified public accountant (CPA) exam with Lindenwood University’s online Master of Accountancy program. Ideal for those who already have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, this program helps you satisfy the 150 credit hours required for the exam.
Our online MAcc degree program explores key accounting theories and their practical application. Geared toward professional accounting, this program examines accounting ethics, professional research, fraud examination, and international accounting. In addition, you will be able to tailor your degree to suit your professional goals by selecting four elective courses.
Throughout our online master’s in accounting, you will learn from faculty who are experienced in the field and bring their knowledge into the online classroom.
The online Master of Accountancy program from Lindenwood University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
A Curriculum Designed to Help You Succeed
Through our 30-credit-hour online MAcc degree program, you will gain the advanced knowledge you need to excel in an accounting career.
The program’s core includes 18 credit hours that explore advanced accounting topics, along with a tax planning course of your choosing. You will also select four accounting elective courses.
If you do not have an undergraduate degree in business, you must also complete 27 credit hours of foundation courses. In addition, there are 15 credit hours of prerequisite courses.Explore Curriculum
To apply to our online MAcc program, you must submit the following:
- Online application
- Current résumé
- Letter of intent, including a personal statement regarding your interest in the program and career goals
- Official undergraduate transcript(s), as well as official transcript(s) from any graduate school(s) attended with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- GMAT is not required. Applicants with a lower GPA, however, may submit official GMAT or GRE scores in lieu of the 3.0 GPA requirement. Admission based on GMAT or GRE scores is granted to students who have an official minimum GMAT score of 500 or combined GRE scores of 300. Scores should less than five years old at the time of application. Applicants who do not meet the GPA, GMAT, or GRE thresholds may be considered for further evaluation and an interview may be required. Please discuss options with your enrollment counselor.
- 3 letters of recommendation
NOTE: The admissions deadline for this program is three weeks before the start of classes.Full Requirements
What It’s Like to Study Online
Being an online student doesn’t mean that you will sacrifice access to the tools, resources, support, and community that you would have through a traditional on-campus program. In fact, you will still get the college experience — at an affordable price from the comfort of your home.
Find out more about what it’s like to study online at Lindenwood.Online Student Life
Cost to Attend
We strive to provide a high-quality online education at an affordable price. Our online MAcc program is offered at just $555 per credit hour.
In addition, we offer the opportunity to transfer previously earned college credits, financial assistance, and U.S. military benefits.Full Tuition Details
- Understand the professional responsibilities related to the ethical obligations for accountants and auditors
- Demonstrate knowledge in the theory, processes, and methods of fraud examination and forensic accounting
- Use effective research skills to resolve issues in accounting, as well as communicate those results
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the questions we are commonly asked.
You can complete the online Master of Accountancy in as few as 24 months.
The online Master of Accountancy requires the completion of 10 courses. You can also choose to complete an optional internship to gain experience in the field. Learn more about the curriculum for this program here.
With your Master of Accountancy, you can pursue a job as an accountant, auditor, financial manager, or chief financial officer.