Skills for Diverse Paramedic Career Opportunities
Lindenwood’s online paramedic program is designed to strengthen your EMT career skills and help you advance as a leader in your field. Through courses guided by professionals with paramedic experience, you’ll learn new methods for responding to medical emergencies as you prepare for success in advanced paramedic careers.
- $50,850 median annual salary for firefighters
- Faster than the average industry growth rate for firefighters
- Thousands of new EMT career opportunities annually
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the paramedicine industry is growing at a fast pace of 6%, creating more than 20,000 new positions for firefighters alone by 2029.
Firefighters are responsible for controlling and extinguishing fires within a community and providing proper treatment to those harmed in fires. They must have the proper skills to respond to emergencies involving fires, safety, and health.
Emergency Management Director
Emergency management directors work with diverse emergency response teams to efficiently control fires and environmental disasters. These professionals must develop and practice plans of action for emergency professionals to follow during various scenarios.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Students of the online paramedic program may also qualify for the following positions after graduation:
- Police officer
- Flight paramedic
- Medical assistant
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Respond to Emergencies in Your Community
When you complete the online paramedic program, you will be able to:
- Understand anatomical and medical terminology
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of medical documentation, along with other topics such as privacy, HIPAA, and legally defensible reports
- Practice the proper techniques for clinical and prehospital examination of patients
- Determine the best action to take when responding to various emergencies
- Take control of emergencies to ensure all members of a paramedic team follow proper procedures
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.
We host four job fairs per year, both on campus and through our partnerships within the Gateway Career Association.
Office of Career Services
We can help you begin your job search, make professional connections, and prepare for the job you want.
When you graduate with a degree from Lindenwood, you’ll be a part of our extensive network of former students.
Find Your Strengths
Explore your talents with Gallup StrengthsQuest, an assessment tool that sets you up for career success.