Harness Your Creativity for Diverse Game Design Careers
The online Bachelor of Arts in Game Design degree from Lindenwood University will elevate your creative skills and deliver the technical expertise you’ll need as a video game designer. Learn from experts and gain hands-on experience working with innovative tools as you prepare for diverse game design careers.
- $94,220 median salary for art directors
- $75,270 median salary for multimedia artists
- 4% steady annual industry growth
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that game design is experiencing a steady industry growth rate of 4% per year, creating thousands of new video game design careers by 2029.
Art directors plan and create visuals for diverse forms of media, including television and theater productions, printed publications, video games, and more. Their responsibilities may include overseeing costume and set design, as well as character feature development.
Multimedia artists and animators transform their ideas for characters and images into realities through diverse artistic mediums. Multimedia professionals design characters and scenery for video games, animated films, and more.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional game design careers for graduates of this degree:
- Concept artist
- Graphic designer
- Craft and fine artist
- Web developer
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Creative Tools for the Future of Gaming
When you complete the online game design degree, you will be able to:
- Create two- and three-dimensional games from the character development stages through production and application
- Understand the various genres of games, along with the basic psychology related to gaming
- Exhibit skills in using design software to create vector graphics and animation
- Collaborate with diverse creative professionals during all stages of video game production
- Strategize concepts for new video games
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.