Digital Marketing Career Path: Prepare for the Future of the Field
Lindenwood’s online digital marketing degree offers the marketing expertise and technical tools you need to succeed in the future. Through courses taught by industry experts, you’ll become equipped to pursue the digital marketing career path you want.
- $135,900 median salary for marketing managers
- $61,150 median salary for public relations specialists
- 6% annual industry growth
As social media grows and more businesses adapt to marketing innovation, the need for field professionals is on the rise. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a 6% growth rate for the marketing industry, and more than 37,000 new positions will be created for marketing managers and public relations specialists alone by 2029.
While working with a team of creative professionals, marketing managers plan and oversee advertising campaigns to produce effective marketing materials. They ensure marketing campaigns are developed on time and that they reflect current market research.
Public Relations Specialist
Public relations specialists are responsible for establishing a positive reputation for their company and maintaining customer loyalty. Their responsibilities may include distributing press releases, planning community outreach programs, and developing a voice for their company.
Career and salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional digital marketing career path opportunities for graduates of this degree:
- Content strategist
- Social media specialist
- Social media manager
As you’re making your decision about pursuing an online degree, you are likely to have questions. From program information to details about the application process, we’re here to help you find the answers you need.
Program Outcomes: Confidence for Your Digital Marketing Career Path
When you complete the online digital marketing degree, you will be able to:
- Understand audience behavior in the digital media environment
- Exhibit skills in analyzing demographic data and apply that knowledge to content creation
- Develop, promote, maintain, and monetize brands on various social media platforms
- Utilize social media platforms in marketing campaigns
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the latest and most effective digital marketing platforms
Lindenwood University is committed to supporting its students academically and professionally after graduation.
Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-941-0568 to learn more about the career services that are available to you.